The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Thoughts-of-the-Day

I read main cause as main course. Tsk. Studying Human Nutrition gets me hungry every time!!! Tsk. Too much thoughts about food. Anyway, one of the hormones that trigger hunger is ghrelin which is secreted by the epithelial cells of the stomach. I think there's been some abnormalitites in its secretion lately. Something wrong with its regulation!

Oh, do you know you could be fit and fat (e.g. sumo wrestlers)? But, obesity increases the risk of cardiovascular heart disease, hypertension and diabetes Type II (Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus).

Seafood restaurants often serve live seafood (as in you get to choose one from the tank). This is probably economically driven as crustaceans like lobsters and crabs spoil rapidly upon death. The best post havest "treatment" for these is to keep them alive.

All those fish paste products like fish cakes and fish balls are made from surimi. It was developed in Japan. Surimi is made from fresh white fish (it has to be fresh if not the paste won't gel together).

Hiccups may be due to indigestion, eating/drinking too fast, irritation of the diaphragm and other causes. One way of curing hiccups is to dissolve a teaspoon of sugar in your mouth.

Too little excercise over weeks and months is as exhausting as too much. The less you do, the less you're able to do and the more fatigued you feel. This condition is known as sedentary inertia. Tsk. I used to slot excercise in during the studying period for the exams. I guess I was a little too slack during the term so now I can only study. 12 hours per day!!! Start work 8am, end work at 10pm and break one hour each for lunch and dinner. I'd feel more complete with excercise! Nvm, I feel like a mugger again. Yay!!!

Anyway, my lecturer is funny!
Beer's Law:
A = a b c >>>> this is his abc law
And he says.. "Guys like beers lor!"

Ok, that's the end of my revision section.

I just realized a lot of my seniors are graduating!!! Man.. My 'sister' Joanna!!! She's a zai law student. She got style sia. I would love her to be my lawyer!!! She graduating!!! Nat, Shirley, Regina and a million more people. Eh? Jimmy graduating??? But he will still be at the range so nvm! Haha. Ok, I've got 2 more years in NUS. Better make it good before I start working. I wish I could be a student forever!!! Studying is more fun than working. I love exams!!! O Levels was fun.. A Levels.. a lot to study, but fun... University.. No one can help me, but fun.

Unity? Too much politics. Too much beneath the surface. Inevitable change. What if? Don't bother with "what if's". Deal with "what now". Exams first, thoughts later.

The Gift...
I'll give you something intangible. I'll offer you an experience that would be embedded into your memory. 'Cos at the end of the day, all we're left with are the memories of a distant past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home