The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Work-of-the-Day

Spent the day mugging again! My rough paper stack decreased by an inch from the last time I took notice (a week back?) and my bin is full. Great! Shows I've been studying! Anyway, if you have potatoes which have sprouted, throw them away! On sprouting, potatoes synthesize a carceinogenic substance called solanine. A squid is a very intelligent creature. I don't know why, ask my teacher. Oh, and why is the flesh of salmon that orangey colour? It's due to the presence of carotene, the same substance that is responsible for your orange carrot. Anyway, if you consume a lot of carotene (by drinking carrot juice, etc), your palms may turn yellow!!! Haha! Ms Pig: I think that's why you have such yellow palms!

I figured it was time to change the toaster oven so I made a request. My father bought home an oven (not a toaster oven) which is great! Now, I don't have to go over to my brother's place to bake cakes/cookies. YaY! Ok, yet another post-exam activity. I got to remember that I don't much time actually.

The invoice for the LP-10 came today.. $2362.50 (inclusive of GST). The license fee is $200 for 2 years. HomeTeamNS membership is $75 per annum. Storage fees? I'm not sure. Other hidden costs includes upgrading to use R10 pellets for training and buying silicon grease. I might possibly have to change to front sight. I have a horrible feeling it's 3.0mm (since it's from the same batch they sold to NUS). That would be another $40? Shit. I better train hard. It's weird, my father pays all these for me and then he asks "Why you everyday go CDANS?". Tsk. Anyway, at least he supports me (partially because I show him the nicer target cards once in a while and especially just before I asked him to get me a gun.. strategy.. But the real reason is because he knows I'm happy shooting.. When I was running... Remind me again, why were we so crazy???) I remembered him being rather excited when I first joined shooting. I think he was glad that I stopped running after 7 yrs.

Hmm... If this amount was for running.. Hmm... Haha. Well, well.. My whole family hates me to run. They attribute my height to running. Yeah yeah. It's probably because I didn't sleep enough when I was younger. I only found this out while studying for Biology for A Levels. Anyway, these 2 sports are so different. For one, I spend 2+ hours moving as much as I can. For the other, I spend 2+ hours standing in one spot. Interesting (this word is SO politically correct just like a whole other list of words: pleasant, etc). Ok, the point is, I finally fufilled my childhood fantasy of owning a gun (air pistol no doubt but it's a start). I'm gonna buy tanks, gun turrets, okok... dream on. I just want my castle, a knight, a dragon in the dungeon, a stable with my horse, a moat so I can canoe around my castle.. And a McLaren F1 GT 1997 in the porch (I haven't forgotten about my dream car!!!). Andrew still remembers about me and my castles. Good boy. He's spending his days slacking around wishing he was Spiderman. That is.. so him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home