The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Project-of-the-Day


I spent most of the day on my human nutrition project! Skipped lunch again and my father was reprimanding me for that. Well well. NO TIME. I learnt a bit more about Adobe Photoshop. It was an image editing (we're working on a poster presentation). It's damn expensive to print a poster. Oh well. Better to spend money on education than almost anywhere else. I think our project is looking healthy and so I'm happy.

In the evening, we had AWC training. We did quite a bit of dry firing. After that, I shot a 30-shot grouping. I improved. =)


Lastly, I had to shoot 10 shots of the score 10 in the minimum amount of shots. It's rather stressful I guess but I was far less stressed than I was a year ago. I took 39 shots to complete my tenth 10.

Stress...
  1. In my first series, I started to get stressed after I shot three 10s in 6 shots.
  2. My last series was stressful since I had 2 more 10s to go and it was 9.45pm (I think). I took a lot of effort just to stay calm and I forced myself to put down the gun even though there wasn't much time left.

The last time I had this kind of training (about a year ago), I couldn't complete the number of shots in time. Sad. So, I was rather determined to complete it. You cannot imagine my jubilation when I shot my tenth 10. Initially, I was horrified when I rolled back the card because I felt that I shot a 10 but couldn't find it on the card. It was almost entirely overlapped another 10. When I found it I was damn happy and exclaimed when I got it back (I'm usually quite quiet in the range although many of you may find that hard to believe). Anyway, I don't think there was anyone else shooting (besides Shu Zhe who finished his shot) since some of the range lights were already turned off.

Areas to improve:
  • Time taken to fire
  • Triggering
  • Learn to SIGHT. Tsk.

After training, we went to Jln Kayu for supper.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A trick about sighting that I may not have told you before. OR maybe I did and asked you to ignore for then.

3-4 clicks to a ring. Meaning 1 click in any direction won't make much of a difference. But it can have a psychological effect on ya. Next time if you feel all shots to the left, click by 1 or 2 clicks. If after that they fly more to the right, click back by 1 or 2 clicks. No one's perfect enough to get the same thing again and again. Not even....nevermind. Haha

March 30, 2007 12:38 AM  
Blogger JJJJ said...

never write ur name! ahhahah... JIMMY COACH!!! U told me before! Yeah! I know the 3 to 4 clicks thingy.. I just.. CAN'T GET IT RIGHT. I should shoot myself! HAHAHA. Not even .......??? Ok, if so, I'm relieved. I'm normal. HAHA.

March 30, 2007 11:14 PM  
Blogger JJJJ said...

oh yah, and that day to shoot the ten 10s, i was sighting by faith. cos i ALWAYS CAN'T get a proper goruping when I do sighter shots. aiya. just shoot me.

March 30, 2007 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home