The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Exam-of-the-Day

Took the paper for Sociology of Food this afternoon. I still don't get sociology. Too weird a subject. pQ and I then headed for a whole lot of food at BB Hawker Centre. Ate satay, chicken chop and fried carrot cake. Need protein.. animal protein! For me to R&R (relax & refuel) before I start hitting the books again! The soybean drink tasted weird.

-censored-
TMI - Too Much Information.

We heard Bedshaped by Keane on the radio and recognized it as Susie's song (I think it's high time I started training back my running and meet that kid). LOL. I always wondered what the song really meant from the perspective of the band and I finally found the answer. Great, depressive yet hopeful song.

Bedshaped by Keane

Many's the time I ran with you down
The rainy roads of our old town
Many the lives we lived in each day
And buried altogether

Don't laugh at me
Don't look away
You'll follow me back

With the sun in your eyes
And on your own
Bedshaped
And legs of stone
You'll knock on my door
And up we'll go
In white light
I don't think so

But what do I know
What do I know?
I know

I know you think I'm holding you down
And I've fallen by the wayside now
And I don't understand the same things as you
But I do

Don't laugh at me
Don't look away
You follow me back

With the sun in your eyes
And on your own
Bedshaped
And legs of stone
You'll knock on my door
And up we'll go
In white light
I don't think so
But what do I know
What do I know?
I know

Oh oh
And up we'll go
In white light
I don't think so

But what do I know
What do I know?
I know


Song Meaning:
"bedshaped is about feeling that you've been 'left behind' by an old friend or lover. and about hoping that you'll be reunited one day so that you can live out the end of your lives together the way you started them. i guess there's some anger at a friend who wants to move on in search of new, exciting, more sophisticated things, leaving behind the simple things you used to share....and a hope that they'll eventually want to get away from the bright lights and come back home. it's a sad and angry song, but also full of hope. i hope that makes sense.

I think i'm right in saying that in hospital when someone is ill or infirm and has to spend a lot of time in bed they can become 'bedshaped'. it sounds a bit depressing...well i guess it is a bit depressing in reality, but in the context of the song i wanted to suggest old age and frailty, along the lines that i mentioned before about two old friends coming back together in the twilight of their lives. it's great that you guys like bedshaped...it's a song that means a lot to us."
- Tim - messageboard
This is from Keane's FAQ page, Tim answered this question on a message board.

Hmm, reminds me of the movie Sweet Home Alabama. I love the songs from Keane cos I could always form some images in my head when I listen to them. Talking about images in the head, "walking around in my head" - now that's a funny image! A bit of clueless. A bit of cheeky. And cuter if it shrugs!

This part is especially for Ms Pig (",)
Hmm, a song for almost everyone in my playlist. Only Love (2am) by Trademark for DUCK. My Love by Westlife for Tortoise. Hmm, my friends are all animals. Hehe. Let me see, I know a duck, tortoise, monkey, lion, pig, fish.. I don't like I'm sure there's more though. I must say Tortoise brought the most laughter into my life (by sheer laughter). Meh meh~ But I don't really like bears (especially when named Precious). It's abusive! Heh. Oh yah, Piggy is What If by Kate Winslet.

Ok, countdown.. 10min till mugging starts. Ok, bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home