The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

History-of-the-Day


I did some reading for GLG205 - Confronting Global Changes. The content of the modules is quite a lot! Will need to set aside some time for mugging! (",)

In the afternoon, I met Izzati at the UOT Visitors Centre and we went for the FREE historical tour of the campus. It's rather interesting! The exterior of the buildings are cool and the interior is awesome. I think Canadians like to use the words "cool", "awesome" and "no problem". They have a certain intonation when they say it. Way cool! Hmm, the tour lasted about an hour. The tour guide, Nicole, even told us about a ghost story on campus. Amusing! Wah, the university buildings are like.. "WOW!" Hmm.. NUS really pales in comparison in terms of architecture!

We checked out Bloor St West after the tour! There's a lot of reasonably priced food along that street! Cool, will check it out sooner or later. We explored Honest Ed's as well which is like a hypermarket! It's has EVERYTHING and at very LOW prices! I bought some convenience food so I just need to throw it into the microwave (3 boxes of pasta)! I also bought some canned food thingy. I didn't know what it is so I bought it (it's called 'Pollock in Mild Creamy Curry Sauce'). I also bought 32 (yes, thirty two) pieces of chocolates filled with liquor for C$9.99. Tsk tsk. Cheap cheap. In SG, it's about S$2 a piece!!!

Ate some Korean take-out for dinner in my room. It's basically 4 sticks of grilled meat with peanut sauce (aka satay), rice and salad.

Castles, draglets?
A cottage with a fireplace by the stream is cool too.
I could settle for that and that ain't far-fetched!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home