The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Acquaintance-of-the-Day

Squirrel - lots of them EVERYWHERE. Nice BLUE track.
Korean Town.
A building of UOT.

I spent some part of the morning reading my academic stuff. In the afternoon, I set off for Korean Town. On the way there, at Queen's Park, I was about to take a photo of a statue when another guy wanted to take a photo of it too. Naturally, he asked me to take the photo first. He started talking to me and introduced himself. Well, he's from a small town in Germany and he's half-french! He has french blood. Chatted a while with him. Like me, he was simply exploring Toronto so we headed to Korean Town together. After that, we started down the other side of Bloor St West. I'm amazed at how fast I made an acquaintance. I got his email so I'll drop him an email soon. Quite proud of myself cos I didn't speak Singlish to him. Not that he would understand. His name is Micha.
We met Lorraine and Monika on the way to Korean Town and they sort of looked at me weirdly and I totally understood that. For the folks back home tuning in, I made sure we were in very crowded areas (Downtown Toronto in the day is always crowded) and did not reveal my future itinerary and also did not reveal where I was residing in. So, don't worry k?
There was a really nice toy shop I visited! It has all those old-school toys! Way cool. After my walk, I headed to Nathan Phillips Square where they had an art and craft display. It was damn nice!!! Really great if you appreciate art and I think if you don't, you will learn to appreciate it just by walking around the square!
Just an observation, the tree barks here are very different from those in Singapore. Sorry if this is a DUH observation, but yeah.
I got Greek food for dinner! It's Greek Moussaka. Check out wikipedia if you want to know what it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home