The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

City-of-the-Day

Harold & Kumar goes to White Castle??? Empire State Building
Times Square
Toys"R"Us
Statue of Liberty
Wall St
South Street Seaport
Ground Zero

Central Park...



To begin with, please change your passports to the biometric ones before travelling to US!!! I almost got refused entry but that's a long story.
July 20...
As soon as we reached the bus terminal in New York, we ate brunch! I had a ham and cheese omelette set (the cheese was damn good)! After that, we walked around downtown before checking into our hostel (Jazz on the Park) which was located at north-west of Central Park. We stayed in a 12-bed female dorm. After checking in, we explored more of downtown which includes Broadway, Empire State Building, Times Square, etc. Times Square is SUPER HAPPENING at night. Superbly vibrant city with neon lights all over! The Toys"R"Us there is spectacular and it even has a big ferris wheel inside and themed toy displays!!!
July 21...
We started the day by sightseeing at the south side of Manhattan Island! We were at Brooklyn for a moment (missed our train stop)! We saw the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Wall St, South Street Seaport and the Brooklyn bridge. We saw the matinee for Les Miserables. Touching story with many lessons to be learnt and characters to be sympathized/empathized. I could hear much sniffing as the performance took place. Need I say more? After that, we headed to Central Park to take a look. It's HUGE so we covered only about half of it!


Cosette in Les Miserables - Castle On A Cloud
There is a castle on a cloud,
I like to go there in my sleep,
Aren't any floors for me to sweep,
Not in my castle on a cloud.
There is a room that's full of toys,
There are a hundred boys and girls.
Nobody shouts or talks too loud,
Not in my castle on a cloud.

There is a lady all in white,
Holds me and sings a lullaby,
She's nice to see and she's soft to touch,
She says, "Cosette, I love you very much!"
There is a place where no one's lost,
There a place where no one cries,
Crying, at all, is not allowed,
Not in my castle on a cloud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home