The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Castle-of-the-Day

Today, we took the subway, bus and tram for the first time! It wasn't as complicated as we thought it would be! It saves a whole lot of time walking. Wow, it's getting hot over here but not comparable to Singapore I guess. Luckily it's dry! However, the sun seems to be much brighter than in Singapore so lucky I brought sunglasses and a cap! Not that I want to be a poser, but lots of people wear sunglasses here and it's sold like at every corner! It is NECESSARY if not you'd have to squint! Ok, I definitely have to get a new pair of spectacles! It's hopelessely scratched, hehe. Yay.
Ok, we started the Saturday by heading down to Casa Loma, the castle in Toronto!!! It's rather small actually, not the impressive kind. There's only 3 levels and a basement. There was a VERY LONG tunnel leading to the stables, garage and pottery barn. I don't know why, but when I went through the tunnel, there was no one else around (my friends and I decided to split up and meet back so I was on my own). It was more than a minute-long walk at top speed walking pace! I was a little horrified (ok, fine, very horrified). The closest exit was where you came from or the other end of the tunnel. It's usually filled with people but I don't know why I just happened to be alone there. It's kinda eerie and the lighting is rather dim with some water on the ground and rusty pipes running through the tunnel. I had to DARE myself to get through it and kept reminding myself it was a tourist attraction so it should be fine! Excruciating but exciting. The tower's kind of scary as well as those staircases creak and was only wide enough for one person to squeeze through at one time. Ok, the castle I'm going to build isn't going to be like that, it's going to be more eggciting! (",) Me and my fantasy. Well, we all need that right? Draglets.. Chubby.. Tsk tsk. I bring them excercise soon. But chubby is cute, so that's cool.


We headed to Greek Town after that and ate at a restaurant called "The Friendly Greek". The ambience is excellent - it let's you take it slow. It's the first time I ate so much in Toronto! Who needs buffets with the portions they give?? And they call it a light lunch. Right. I even ordered a glass of Greek wine (love the aftertaste). I need to try Steam Whistle which is like THE Canadian Beer. The Greek wine seems to have a VERY HIGH alcoholic content looking at the speed which the alcohol trickles down after swirling it (learnt this from my uncle). Greek Town was rather interesting! I like the candy shop there!


We then went to St Claire West (it's out of Downtown Toronto) to check out the Toronto Fiesta (an Italian Fiesta) where they had the kind of fun fair games where you get to win HUGE stuffed toys, performances, food and item sales. Well, they gave away FREE tiny Starbucks Raspberry Frappucinos!!! It's excellent and I sure hope they have them in Singapore! If they do, go ahead and try it - no regrets till the last drop (except maybe the fat content in the whipped cream).

On the way back, some of us went to Chinatown. My aim was to get fruits! I bought strawberries, blueberries and cherries! They're so cheap over here! The raspberry season is soon to be over and they're no longer selling those in Chinatown!!! I NEED to go down to Bloor St West to get me some Raspberries and Blackberries before they disappear!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm.. Didn't know you're the type to be afraid of being alone in a dank, dark, deserted tunnel.. Lol! What are you scared of? The dark? =P *ponders*

July 08, 2007 6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pls lah...you not there of course she sad la!!! she supposed to have you to lean on when she needs wat...hurry up fly over now lah!!

July 08, 2007 11:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She said scared, not sad... You looking to sponsor my air-fare?? =D

July 09, 2007 3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home