The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rafting-of-the-Day











28 July...
Spent the day whitewater rafting down the Ottawa River! I was in Quebec but all the time I thought I was in Ottawa. Anyway, we had 8 of us in the raft including our guide, Steve. We shot 12 rapids I think of which the highest level was Dragon's Tongues (a level 4 or 5 rapid). Dropped into the water once (only 3 people were left on the raft). Our raft was practically vertical with me at the front of the raft diving in and that was where I sat. The falling in was quick and I couldn't remember it but I ended up beneath the raft. Cool (pun intended) experience.

In the evening, we camped at Base Camp and Steve came over to talk to us, cleared our plates and served us dessert. It was supposed to be self-service... So sweet of HIM!!!

29 July...
Spent the day swimming in the COLD, NUMBING river, sun tanning and basically lazing around on the grass. Got to meet a couple from England (Will and Alice) and a guy from Switerzerland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home