The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Work-of-the-Day

Worked for Top Notch Sports today! HTNS Affiliated Schools Monthly Shoot. Ok, I'm quite happy that I'm actually working! I didn't work at all in 2007 (except when IA started on 10 Dec)! Today is my 25th job assignment! I used to be motivated to get more jobs/work just so that I get to write them in my diary! Makes me happy when I learn new things in the different jobs! I think I've learned quite a fair bit in the various kinds of work and from the various companies! Used to get paid as low as $4/hour! Well, think one of the most xiong work was the door to door flyer distribution (yes yes, waste paper but it's a sure-can-get job that can be done at ANY time of the day)! Haha. I finally found out how they planned out the HDB estates (at least in Punggol, Seng Kang and Sembawang). It's kinda confusing for a kid like me who hasn't stayed in HDB. Anyway, I would race with myself and time how long I needed to cover each block. I was well equipped with my running shoes and watch (my trustee Timex who has been sitting in a drawer for some time now). At the bottom of each block it was "ker kerisan. sediyah. GO!" (forgive the spelling). A very good workout! Weights (the flyers are darn heavy) and running (using the stairs) up every level! I would take the lift down. And no, I didn't have a car. At best, I used a bicycle! Usually I just ran. That was CRAZY. I calculated that at walking pace one could only hope to make $3/h but running... it's about $6/h. But I quit soon after. CAN DIE ok. Thank God for my fitness level (at least back then). That was fun (upon looking back). Maybe I should do it again some day... just for the kick!

If you turn your back against the light, all you see is the darkness of your shadow. You need only tilt to catch a glimpse of light... And when you finally turn around.... Speechless....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home