The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Traveling on a budget.. for JY and anyone else.

Ok, I don't know if these could work. I haven't tried it myself (yet). But.. why wouldn't it work right???
Accommodation...
Besides staying in hostels which could cost as low at S$10 a night, you could get accommodation for free. Check out http://www.couchsurfing.com/ or http://www.hospitalityclub.org/. Met a German guy who travels the world in this way. You sign up there and simply stay at someone's place at your destination.
Seeing the world...
Well.. I guess the cheapest way to see the world is with all your earthly belongings in a backpack and with a bicycle. But I guess, you must really have the time to burn. In some places, hitching a hike is cool too.. I guess you could travel from state to state in a coach (at least that's what it's like in Canada). It isn't THAT cheap but it's the cheaper than trains or internal flights.
I guess airfares are cheap in Asia, but if you want to travel out... Air Asia X is going to have budget flights to Europe, Middle East, Australia, etc.. Launching in late 2007 I guess. It was supposed to be in July (KL to Manchester) but delayed. Check out http://www.airtravelgenius.com/ar/air_asia_x_cheap_flights.htm or their official website. The catch is that you gotta fly from KL international airport but you could get a coach to KL at a cheap price.
With all these being said.. bear in mind you'll be forsaking a whole lot of comfort.. but that's what's fun right? Oh yah, pack me along. I WANNA GO TOO!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home