The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Thoughts-of-the-Day

Training was horrid. Haha. Oops. ANIWAY, was reading through some stuff. Nice to recollect some memories. I think people should keep a record of the good stuff. We (or at least I) tend to recall the negative. For my time in NUS, I held some regrets about my past decisions. I was thinking, if I'd chosen the other option, things would have been so different. For a particular decision, I read back to what I was thinking as my JC self. I had written my realization on why the choice I made was better. Upon reading that, I immediately agreed with my decision and have no regrets. Turning back the clock, I'd still make the exact same decision. In a certain sense, I deluded myself for a substantial period of time. It's also important to record the unbelievably good things that has happened. Our memories are our version of the truth, not the truth. I think the movie, "Vantage Point" would portray this very well. One scenario, various perspectives.

On a different note, I guess the most magnificent occurrence is nature. It has this awesome, drawing power. Just looking and realizing it's presence could uplift the spirit. Shall seek out nature in SG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home