The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Birthday-of-the-Day

Today is Valen's first birthday! Valen ValenTine. (",) His initials are VVT as written on my car. (VVT actually means Variable Valve Timing).

Anyway, bought many many toys for my gun (lots of files)! It got a real good manicure session this evening thanks to TC! YAY. I have a happy grip now! Heehee. And.. WAH! QL blackened my super white new shoes (dedicated for shooting only). She saw my shoes then started a round of Pepsi-Cola 123 in the range lor! Gosh!!! HAHA. Damn funny. By the way, you should have seen the face of the guy watching me choose shoes. Damn funny cos I went around measuring the elevation of the sole of each shoe (using my thumb). Haha.



Anyway, let's talk about popcorn. I got the information from Leilani's presentation.

Why does popcorn pop?
Starch is contained in the endosperm of a corn kernel and has water holding capacity. When heated to about 250 degrees celsius, liquid water changes phase to become steam. The granules then swell due to pressure build-up. The pressure increases until the coating can no longer withstand the increased pressure, then the popcorn pops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home