The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Observation-of-the-Day

While I study, my dog sleeps beside me. Today, he woke up suddenly startled, realized that there was nothing to be startled about and went back to sleep. He has done this several times in his lifetime. There was once he even woke up with a bark and then went back to sleep. I was sure it wasn't due to the surroundings or another dog's bark or an intruder. If it was any of those, he would have ran out to investigate. It appears as if he had a dream. Do dogs dream? I never thought so until I observed my dog. If he can love his master and experience fear, why can't he dream?
I did some online reseach. Dogs do dream. Scientists have carried out investigations via an electroencephalogram (EEG). When dogs are in deep sleep, like human beings, their brain activity increases, breathing becomes irregular and they have rapid eye movements (i.e. they are dreaming). I wonder what Titus dreams about. He always seem to have nightmares or rather I only notice him having nightmares. Poor dog. He must be dreaming of lightning and thunderstorms.

3 Comments:

Blogger ck said...

Jaime, you're a great thinker.. haha.. but i think.. dogs dream too. hmmm... n i think when the dogs are drooling badly when they are sleeping, then they should be having sweet dreams... ? ^_^

November 16, 2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger JJJJ said...

ahaha.. then we are both great thinkers!!! hahahah... dammit.. then liddat titus keeps having sweet dreams! maybe even day dreams! oh well! meet up soon when exams over!!!

November 16, 2006 8:38 PM  
Blogger ck said...

SO MEAN! titus having sweet dreams, u jealous! hahha.. wat a evil owner!! horrible. ahhaa..

alright! meet up soon k! BADMINTON. =p LUNCH, DINNER. GOSSIP. WHINE. ^_^

November 16, 2006 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home