The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Movie-of-the-Day


97. My best single shot card ever. The last time I shot something like when I semi-recovered and that was my silver lining. I threw away the card and never had a photo of it on my blog (I thought I'd put it up but now I recall why I didn't. And that was grouping with a score of 96 I think but it was quite cool as it was 1 gaping hole and 1 pellet hole all within 9-ring). Having said all this, it's not reliably reproducible (yet).

Watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button this afternoon! It's a real long but good movie! And it rained... ... ...

The movie has a few themes, generally themes that we acknowledge but most of us don't live by. The movie looks at death and unfortunate events and demonstrates that the appropriate reaction to these events is acceptance rather than denial. It also displays the importance of cherishing each day, whatever the outcome of the day is. New beginnings are aplenty as Benjamin embarks on his life in the other direction.


Some quotes I really liked from the movie:

"How can I be a father when I'm headed in the other direction?"

"You can be as mad as a dog at the ways things went, you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go."

"It's never too late, or in my case, too early, to be whatever you want to be," Benjamin says. "I hope you live a life you're proud of. If not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home