The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Wedding-of-the-Day

Attended Kean & Kat's wedding at Swissotel Merchant Court this evening!

You know those missing persons reports they have? Like some people actually take on an entirely different identity. Imagine you could hit the "restart" button. What would you cling on to and what could you easily let go? Where would you go? What would you be? What history would you give yourself? What does it take? I think it's quite cool from an action movie point of view but then on further analysis, your life would be a living lie. No man's friend. A very questionable existence. Who are you? What defines you?

Dialogue from the movie "Anger Management"
"Dave... please tell us about yourself... who are you?"
"I am an executive assitance... in a major pet products company..."
"Dave... we don't want to know what you do... we want to know who you are..."
"Okay... I am pretty good guy... I like to play tennis on occasion..."
"Again Dave... we don't to hear what your hobbies are... we want to know who you are..."
"I just... why don't you give me an example of what a good answer would be... what did you say?"
"So, you want Lou to tell who you are?"
"Well... I am a nice easy going man... I might be a little indecisive at times... but..."
"Dave, you are describing your personality... tell us who you are..."
"I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT ME TO SAY..."

In search of the same thing as the lion in The Wizard of Oz. We only live once. Be bold, be daring. Say what you need to say. Do what you need to do. At least you've tried. What could be worse than not trying? Go for it-

To be the best that I can be.
Every challenge a heartbeat.
From the day I saw the silver lining,
I saw hope.
Love for God; Love for fellow man; Love for self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home