The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Cooking-of-the-Day


Cooked with Pat in the evening. Family came over! I took ownership of some orange sauce chicken! We ate a variety of cheese with excellent port wine (the wine was my donation, hehe). Taylor's 2001 Ruby port. I like the peppered cheddar. The smoked gouda was not bad too! Nice nice. Gosh. We just needed apricots! Dipping fresh apple slices seemed nice too! It was a good evening. I've been sleeping and I woke up at 3+am and decided to blog. Crazy? Haha. Oh well. That's life. That's my life.

Living things need food, air, water and shelter. The following are my rather incomplete definitions from the human world.

Food - Food equals known and unknown chemicals which may be modified by digestion, adsorption and metabolism and is culturally and socially bound to define what is deemed as edible. People don't just eat for living. Some eat for status.

Air - Oxygen either from the air or dissolved in water is required for respiration. Clean, unpolluted air.

Water - Enough said.

Shelter - Home. A safe place to live. A place you can just be yourself and you'll be accepted anyway - freestyle.

I think I just headed back down on Maslow's hierarchy of needs. My focus has shifted I've decided to give up on some things. Oh well! I'm no longer going to question my somewhat dramatic life. Let's just make the best of it. I'm the only one who can make this happen.

It's ok. My FST mates think I'm not human. Haha. They were amazed when I had to head to the toilet. And THAT amazed me.


Family - the basic social unit. Suddenly I feel socialized. It's not that I haven't been seeing people, it's just that I haven't had a connection for a long time. No offence, it's me. I seem to keep hanging out on my own. Most of my meals ( I keep a food journal for my module) are eaten alone and besides that I have little social time? Suddenly my academics have paled in comparison to a lot of things in life. Give it your best in everything you do - I highly believe in that so yeah. Motivation. I'm going to enjoy each day of my life even though it's like the most xiong period in my NUS history and I've never slacked this much in NUS history but slacking is worth it. Like I said, there are more important things in life. Academics ain't the only thing that's important. Don't get me wrong. I love what I'm studying and I love studying. It's just that I have other things I love in life. That's just me at 4.15am. And now it's 4.45am. Back 2 sleep! Good morning, good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home