The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Nature-of-the-Day

I had work from 8.30am to 4.45pm today. I didn't have lunch again (unless you count a red bean pau and a breakfast bar at 4.30pm, lunch). After that, I went home and went to run.
I ran from my house to Seletar Reservoir in 12min 30s. I ran for about 30min in total. In my run, I experienced good and bad nature.
Read blue words only for entertainment.
Good nature:
  • Golden rays of sunlight shining through white fluffy clouds
  • Blue skies
  • A tree which looks like a fir tree but is in the shape of an umbrella

Bad nature:

  • A dead magpie (probably squashed by a vehicle). From the colour of its blood and the level of decompostion, I would say the bird died on this day.

On my way back, I felt that the wind was blowing against me and when I reached my finishing line, I realized the air was still. I was moving against the air. Thus, relative to myself, it was wind. Hmm... In moving, I create resistance (wind) for myself and therefore it gives me challenge. In staying still, I get nowhere.

After my run, I did some weights and crunches. I met pQ and ling ling (pQ's sister) for dinner at Yishun! I ate quite a lot (economical rice, rojak, popiah).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home