The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Dinner-of-the-Day

Went to AMK Library with Sandra today. We met Clara there. She recognized us by my AJ trackpants! Ate at Mos Burger today. I tried Sandra's clam chowder but we concluded that Long John's chowder tastes better. It has a milder shellfish taste. I ate the burger in which there were no bread buns. Instead, juicy lettuce replaced it, wrapping around the teriyaki chicken. In my opinion, it isn't worth $3.20 even though it makes you feel healthy.

I went home to eat dinner again. This was my second round of dinner as I wasn't full from my meal at Mos Burger. Dinner led into a 2 hour long discussion of issues with my father. I realized that he is very knowledgeable and recalls much of the information taught to him even at secondary school! He is 60+ years old mind you! He sure knows his Geography!
We discussed these issues:
  • Geography (Maps, countries, volcanoes, clouds, etc!)
  • The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown (Christianity, his purpose of writing the book, how skilled he was at crafting a controversy which led to his Best Seller)
  • Archaeology (Especially the pyramids of Egypt)
  • Atlantis
  • UFOs
  • The cycle of civilization
  • The Japanese Occupation
  • The Holocaust
  • My grandfather and great grandfather (Occupations, wealth, way of life, etc!)

These discussions at dinner are turning into a habit! Very enriching. Really!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home