The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Monday, September 07, 2009

License-of-the-Day

I passed my Motorbike 2B license on the first attempt today. Nice. Save $$$ by passing. Tempts me to get a bike.
One of those rant days.....!
Here's the thought process:
Riding a bike has a higher probability of getting into an accident than with a car. A single injury could cause me stop doing the things I love... shooting, running, etc. I can't afford a car so the bike is an affordable alternative. Taxi costs $30 from my workplace and $8 from Jurong East MRT to the range. Grrr. It's impossible to squeeze onto the train at Jurong East towards Bukit Batok. I have to cease fire at 930pm. Now, that's not a lot of time. Back in secondary school, an important test and saving time would take precedence over the high cost of a taxi ride back. For a million other reasons, riding a bike is out of the question for the moment. The costs of a car: the car/COE, parking, ERP, road tax, insurance, car washing, servicing and petrol. Now, I feel like starting that bread cycle again where $2 could last me 2 or 3 days. Let's not even think nutrition. Don't get me wrong. The car is the means to the end, not the end. Things I want to achieve, yet the mode of transport stands in my way. Pardon me for the disorganized thought process. There's gotta be a way around it. THINK THINKKKKK!!!!!
Anyway, it's mum's birthday today.
I can do so much more.
The need for speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home