The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Trip-of-the-Days

This post shall cover the entire the trip to Taiwan from 5th to 9th December.

Travel Companions:
  1. JF
  2. XY
  3. DJ
  4. Me
  5. Myself

5th December: I slept 5 hours! Gosh. Anyway, JF and I had brunch at Burger King at Changi Airport. I like their breakfast! By the time we reached the hotel, it was almost 8pm. Spent the evening eating as some ulu alley with nice tau huay and later proceeded for more food at Shilin. I love the BB guns there. Love Love Love.


6th December: We went to an amusement park. Not as bad as I expected. My heart could take it. I'm old. Not more rides for me unless it's Disneyland in the USA! Ok, I admit. Quite fun. Hmm... What did we do at night ar? Oh yah, we ate. Haha. What else?


7th December: Spent some time at the train station getting tickets. I find the train thingy in Taiwan kind of complicated. Prefer the clear cut ones in Canada. Anyway, we went to Fisherman's Wharf. Damn cold! Was shivering! Nice bridge. Fun to do the fast-leg drill on it but damn easy to mis-step. Played with the gun again and won some violent toys. Hehe. Anyway, DJ arrived in the evening (happy event!) and we headed for food at Shilin! Played the gun and archery!


8th December: Slept like 1+ hours! Gosh. Anyway, we headed for Hualien in the morning and spent most of the day at Taroko! I loved lunch. If my memory doesn't fail, we cleared 6 baskets of vegetables on top of other dishes. Oh, we had happy sashimi. For once, wasabi SEEMED to taste fine. I have to try it a couple of more times to certify I can eat wasabi. It could be just an anomaly! We played with fireworks. Fun Fun. Then we ate and played with guns. We actually drew a crowd. Haha. Funny. Ok, we won a stuffed dice for that.


9th December: I headed back to Taipei from Hualien. People (strangers) were rather amazed that small me could carry big bag. 2 people talked to me about it. I think I understood about 60% of what they said. Anyway, I had about 2 hours to burn and I was starving. Unfortunately, the food names were written in traditional Chinese. Hmm. Had a hard time finding a stall (other than a bakery) where I could point to the food and order. Haha. I had problem with buying fruit juice too. The only thing I could read was banana milk so I ordered that! Tsk.


Conclusion: Happy trip!!! Food, guns.. What more can I want?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your travel companions listed "Me" and "Myself". Interestingly, the first person named in the writing of the entry...was "I". but you never list her. You need more sleep girl...HAHA

December 17, 2007 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home