The desire to excel. The passion to dedicate. The determination to see it through.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pubs-of-the-Day

Pinocchio.

Tuck Shop.

Loof.





I went swimming this morning!

Uncle Fred disrupted me from my nap TWICE! Anyway, we (pQ, Fred, Ling Ling and I) went to Tuck Shop and Loof. Fred's friend, Sly, joined us for Tuck Shop only. The steak burger at Tuck Shop was EXCELLENT!!! WAH. Drank Singapore Sling today. Tom Cruise drank it in some movie.

For Uncle Fred's benefit... pQ, please relay the message:

Durian and Beer
Durian should not be consumed with beer as this may give you a really bad stomach ache. Beer contains yeasts which will react with the glucose in durian to give carbon dioxide and ethanol (ethanol is the product in the absence of air while ethanoic acid is the product in the presence of air). It is the production of carbon dioxide in the fermentation reaction that we are concerned with. Well, my friends and I tried pouring beer onto durian and there was a rather vigorous reaction. My advice is to avoid mixing durian with beer.


Durian and Mangosteen
I have found no good reason to avoid mangosteen when consuming durian. In fact, it is believed that durian should be consumed with mangosteen. An alternative method is to sip water from the shells of the mangosteen fruit. Durian is considered a "heaty" fruit, i.e. it raises body temperature. Mangosteen is considered to be "cooling". Therefore, mangosteen is supposed to counteract the "heatiness" of durian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home